Notes Gurvitz on his bio at +972:
“I was raised as an Orthodox Jew, graduated from a Yeshiva (Nehalim), but saw the light and turned atheist at about the age of 17.”
Gurvitz also believes that Israel is one of the main causes international anti-Semitism.
In an essay he published at +972 in September 2010, “The Jewish Problem”, he suggests that anti-Semitism in Europe is an understandable reaction by non-Jews to Israeli policy, and that the reactionary anti-Semitic canard that Jews outside of Israel are more loyal to Israel than their own country is the fault, not of those who hold such views, but of modern Zionism.
“We now see that the creation of Israel did not solve any problem. Rather, Israel is itself becoming the problem of the Jews.”
“[Israel] almost singularly, [is] responsible for creation of a new anti-Semitic [canards].”
Recently, CiF Watch engaged in a Twitter exchange with Gurvitz, which elicited some revealing comments.
The conversation arose as the result of a disagreement that Gurvitz was having with two writers who oppose the existence of a Jewish state within any borders – Ben White (@benabyad) (author of Israel Apartheid for Beginners) and Ali Abunimah (@avinunu) (author of One Country: A Bold-Proposal to End the Israeli-Palestinian Impasse).
(Note: Gurvitz has an NIF horn in his twitter image, though he claims not to be connected to NIF).
- Guardian issues ‘progressive in good standing’ card to Carlos Latuff: racist and anti-Semite (cifwatch.com)
- Yes, denying Jews the right to self-determination is inherently anti-Semitic. (cifwatch.com)
- Immutable Victim: The Guardian continues to champion Jewish anti-Zionist writer, Tony Kushner (cifwatch.com)
- Geary Theory: A Goy contemplates “As-A-Jews” (cifwatch.com)
- Carlo Strenger again uses the Guardian as a platform to characterize Israel as “totalitarian” (cifwatch.com)